Sell-side advisory | Buy-side Advisory
City Capital understands the magnitude of decisions our clients face in determining whether and when to sell their business. While the sell-side goal is often to maximize the value of potential offers and the client's after-tax financial return, many clients also have important non-financial objectives. Our job is to find the optimal balance of our client's objectives in each transaction we complete. We help guide corporations, private equity funds and family-owned businesses on the sale of the entire entity or a subsidiary, or division through the following steps:
- We analyze the business, identify value drivers and assess various alternatives to meet our client's objectives.
- We provide our professional opinion as to strategies regarding timing, deal structure and financing terms, when appropriate.
- We prepare a customized offering memorandum and appropriate sales materials with minimal interruption to the client’s day-to-day business operations.
- We work closely with each sell-side client to identify the field of potential buyers and we market the business, with strict confidentiality, only to highly qualified candidates pre-approved by our client.
- We assist in the preparation of a compelling management presentation and coach our clients in preparing for meetings with potential buyers.
- We arrange management presentations and due diligence visits for a select group of targeted buyers based on preliminary indications of interest.
- We review and negotiate final bids based on discussions with the seller.
- We negotiate the purchase agreement and successfully close the transaction.