Our managing directors have extensive experience helping clients think through the critical issues involved in structuring and financing leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations. An attractive alternative to a full sale or a public offering, leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations provide private business owners the flexibility to sell a majority or minority interest of their equity holdings while still maintaining a comfortable level of ownership and operational control. At City Capital, we source the right private equity firms with the required capital needed to buy out and/or partner with shareholders, maximize value and/or reposition the business for continued sustainable growth. We take the time to understand our client's objectives and business goals, current and future needs for liquidity, and desire to maintain a management role in their company. To meet the goals of each unique deal structure, we tailor the following steps to maximize the value of the client's transaction:
- We perform upfront diligence to maximize our understanding of the client's business and to ensure we accurately portray the company to the private equity capital market.
- We help prepare a customized offering memorandum, management presentation, and appropriate sales materials supported by carefully assembled business diligence materials, all of which are required to drive interest with the right investor groups.
- We determine the project's potential investor list and confidentially market the deal to our contacts in the private equity capital market.
- After we evaluate interest levels from all potential parties, we introduce clients to a handpicked group of investors that we believe are a good fit based on complimentary personalities, leadership styles and business approaches.
- Alongside our clients, we evaluate the pros and cons of the competing proposals and negotiate term sheets accordingly.
- We facilitate and support investor due diligence.
- We negotiate formal agreements and approve the definitive agreement to restructure the company for increased shareholder value.