At City Capital we are experienced in helping growth companies raise capital, having successfully completed well over 100 offerings in both the public and private institutional capital markets. We understand that identifying and negotiating proper financing arrangements is a time-consuming undertaking that disrupts day-to-day business operations. Our experience helps to simplify the process and optimize each capital raise to meet our client's objectives, whether it's creating shareholder liquidity or raising growth capital or both. Our long-standing relationships with private equity firms enable us to secure favorable capital structures for our clients often a hybrid of debt and equity
At the start of all capital raising assignments, we take the time to understand our clients' business along with the industry trends, their current and future capital requirements, and the growth potential from an infusion of new capital. While we treat every project as a distinct undertaking and develop customized financing strategies, the following are the steps we tailor to each unique situation:
- We perform upfront diligence to maximize our understanding of the client's business and to ensure we accurately portray the company to the marketplace.
- We prepare a customized offering memorandum and appropriate sales materials supported with key facts, justifying the investment opportunity.
- We determine the project's potential investor list and we market the deal to our personal contacts in the private equity capital markets.
- We assist in the development of an investor presentation and coach our clients in preparing for meetings with private equity firms.
- After we evaluate interest levels from all potential parties, we introduce clients to private equity investors that we believe are a good fit based on complimentary personalities, leadership styles and business approaches.
- Alongside our clients, we evaluate the pros and cons of the competing proposals and negotiate term sheets accordingly.
- We facilitate and support investor due diligence.
- We negotiate formal agreements and approve the definitive agreement to effect the optimal infusion of capital.